Sweet Potato Gnocchi
Say hello to your new favourite comfort dish. Gnocchi might seem hard but this recipe is foolproof. You can even cut down the cooking time by microwaving the sweet potato instead of baking in the oven. Besides being super healthy these are so easy to make in bulk.
Serves: 2 *with plenty of gnocchi left over
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 70 minutes
Total Time: 75 minutes
For the gnocchi:
1 ½ cups sweet potato
½ cup ricotta cheese
¼ cup parmesan
Salt to taste
2 cups all-purpose flower
For the sauce:
2 cups spinach
25 g butter
10g pine nuts
- Stab a large sweet potato with a fork all over and wrap in baking paper. Cook in oven at 200C for 50 minutes.
- Once cooked remove from oven cut in half carefully and let it cool completely
- Scoop out sweet potato and grate into a mixing bowl. Add in ricotta, parmesan, salt, egg and a cup full of flower. Mix well and add remaining flower a half cup at a time.
- Don’t over knead the gnocchi, but shape it into a small loaf of bread and cut off edge to roll into a long cylinder shape.
- Cut gnocchi and set aside
- To a pan on low add crème and gorgonzola, keep an eye on it swirling it until the cheese melts. Once melted take off the heat
- In a separate pan melt butter on medium and place gnocchi into pot of boiling salted water
- Once cooked add gnocchi to pan with butter to brown the outside, remove once happy with the colour and wilt spinach in the same pan.
- Plate by spooning sauce first, then place the gnocchi, spinach, parsley and pine nuts.